Saturday, December 17, 2011

Star Dust Sprinkles!

When I was a kid I used to love pop rocks. My mother was not big on letting us have lots of candy, but I remember on the rare occasion we used to get these, loving the crackly little pieces. I remember in particular one that came with a lollipop in the shape of a foot! Did anyone else have these, or am I making things up in my brain?! It was such fun dipping the lollipop into the bag, and then enjoying the crackly goodness!

Well, Liam and I were in the supermarket the other day and I saw these -


Of course, I bought a box. Doesn't quite fit in with my fitness kick and healthy eating diet, but then again neither does a bucketload of pork cracking so... hey! We'll chalk it up to a bad food week and carry on! :P

Talk about nostalgia! But somehow, they were even better than I remember! Each mouthful was like a sensation of popping awesomeness on my tastebuds. I'm thinking they might go great on sprinkled on top of frosted cupcakes, and would look pretty too!

Now the big problem is... where can I hide the rest of the box so that I don't finish the whole lot?!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog :) I've never heard of these star dust thingys... I will look out for them on my next supermarket trip. Your mum sounds like mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup I remember those! They were called crazy dips or something...
    My friends and I went to hunter valley to chill out and get away from the crowds for new years. Anyway we stopped over at this shop that had souvenirs and stuff for sale. But right at the back it was chock full of American candy. It was insane! I tried to keep my purchases to a minimum as I'm also on a health kick but it was sooo hard.

    I'm going to have to keep an eye out for these sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete