Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Food Diaries : Switch Lifestyle

Switch Lifestyle in Knox City is one of my regular haunts. I've been there more times than I can remember, and I love it - however it is not a place I can full-heartedly recommend.

If you decide to dine at Switch, you are taking a risk and there will inevitably be something that goes wrong with your dining experience. Be it a long wait time, mix-ups with your order, unavailable items menu items (which they will only inform you of AFTER you have ordered it) or something not quite right about your food. It happens every time! Yet there is something about Switch that keeps me coming back time after time.

It could be the funky vibe, or the laid-back atmosphere, or the (sometimes!) good food, or the amazing cocktail menu.


There is a nice variety in the food menu, varying from Asian style influences, Mediterranean options or just your good ol' Aussie staples. But what I keep coming back for is the fantastic range of cocktails! I have a sweet tooth when it comes to my drinks, and I absolutely adore the fruity range of drinks which they have on offer. I've made it my mission to try every cocktail on the menu, however still have yet to make a proper dint in it - often because I've enjoyed a cocktail so much that I have to have it again on my next visit!

Switch has a large verandah type area for outdoor dining, as well as your normal tables inside, or cushy booths and couches to kick back on. There's also the Grill Bar area which is a larger open-plan area which is open for drinks on certain evenings or can be hired out for private functions. The dim lighting gives a very relaxed feel, with up-beat music setting the mood whilst not being too loud that you can't be heard over the tunes.


Overall, Switch serves tasty food and generous serving sizes. If you're in a forgiving mood, it's well worth a try! It can be a little hit and miss, but from my experience they all seem to balance out in the end! It's a great place to gather with friends in a very social atmosphere and you won't regret it once you've got one of their fabulous cocktails in your hands!

Switch Lifestyle Knox City on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment