Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Fry Up

One thing that I absolutely adore about our new house is all the natural light.  The sunlight streams through the windows, casting warm rays over the living, dining and kitchen.  It makes mornings such a joy, and it is almost refreshing to get out of bed to. 

We're still busy sorting things out, and getting things in order, and on Saturday morning we had plenty of things to do before heading out for dinner with my family visiting from overseas. 

We had a rather big night on Friday at the Hawthorn vs Collingwood game, so I decided to put my lovely new big kitchen to use for the perfect thing to get us going over the weekend. 


If that's not the breakfast of champions, then I don't know what is!

Light sourdough toast with crispy bacon rashers, crunchy hashbrowns, meaty beef chipolatas, creamy scrambled eggs, fried onions and sauteed mushrooms & spinach.  YUM!

On Sunday morning, we had another busy day ahead of us with friends coming over for lunch.  Again we had lots to do and a lot of cleaning on our hands (new furniture and appliances = a lot of packaging/boxes and mess!) before they arrived so sustenance was required.


A golden brown omelette, filled with spinach, bacon, sausage, fried onion and a sprinkling of parmesan! 

You'll be pleased to know that it did the trick. The house was pristine by the time everyone arrived! :)

 

14 comments:

  1. Ooh they look amazing . Those photos are making me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. I have just eaten dinner and now I really want a hash brown!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best hashbrowns! Chuck em in the oven for 15 minutes and they're perfect!

      Delete
  3. That breakfast looks ah-may-zing. I love natural light, you're so lucky to have so much of it - puts you in the best mood!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally does! I love getting up on the weekends now and opening all the blinds! It's the best.

      Delete
  4. Hey cat, you moved in already? The foodie looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ker! Yep, we're all moved in and just getting settled now :)

      Delete
  5. Oh yummy! I love a fry up and have not had one in forever. Might have to do it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a fry up a little too much. I have had them far too often lately!

      Delete
  6. Natural light...nothing better :) Oh & I totally learnt all about football for the 1st time watching that game!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Random question - how do you manage to keep all your big breakfast components warm while you cook other things? At least 50% of my plate ends up being cold :(

    ReplyDelete